Wednesday, December 17, 2008

weird and romantic

the weirdest most romantic thing happened at school today.

i was walking to my locker, the hallways were completely empty except for me, this trendy korean boy standing in a door way (waiting for a teacher?) and a awkward looking korean girl walking towards me with pants that she out grew 2 years ago but never replaced with new ones, a weird beanie, and a stuffed animal. i walked to my locker and opened it up, not expecting the weirdest most romantic thing to happen at that very moment. thats when the girl stopped in the hallway and kept her glance at the wall, away from trendy-korean-boy.

"RJ, I don't think I can talk to you anymore."

she then walked away. the trendy korean boy lost his composure and looked at me, i looked back at him with a 'how awkward' expression even though i was dying inside.

"she's so weird" he said, and walked away.

i dont even know how to put into words the entire thing, because it was so beautiful. she totally meant it. he hurt her. he probably keeps her up at night, sending her IMs and secret love letters, but around his friends, she doesn't exist. enough was enough. that girl, whoever she is, is my new hero.

4 comments: