Wednesday, March 4, 2009

i havent written in this for a while only because i think i have not been doing anything exciting.

ironically, my life has picked up a lot since i have actually been blogging.

too much to mention, don't really know where to start.

i went to philadelphia: about 3 weeks ago to see my booboo lia. i have been trying to develop the pictures but each time i go in waving my disposable camera, the cvs guy shakes his head no. apparently, their machine broke and the mechanic is to be expected any day now. am i the only one still using one hour photo development?

i went in some random guys van: he was a friend of my friend jon but the entire ride with him was terrifying. he drove a 1970s van with parts from the 60s. i think he thought he was really cute the entire time, a real bachelor with the awesome ride and the bed in the back. i saw two things: his beer belly 7 years in the making, my life flashing before my eyes.

i was taught how to cheat parkway tolls: jon claimed to me that he has been cheating tolls since 2005. i didnt believe him. he showed me his magic wrist action when we drove up really close, he looked as if he was throwing change in, and we sped off, his hood on the whole time and my hand covering my own face.

i went to new brunswick: and went to a party with my bestie sally. it ended up being an amazing time. i don't know how much of the party i should disclose about in my blog, but let me just say, some night!

i am 17 for one last day: today is my last 17 day. 17 has served me well. it was a year of lessons. 16 was a year of rebellion and changes, this was just a year of lessons. i now know how to do my own laundry, see through people and pick which ones to trust, control my cynicism, deal with my mother, take trains.

for 18 i wish myself: more trains, more men, more laughter, more fur, more 1980s romantic comedies, more content, a good college acceptance, a good year!

1 comment:

The Popular Guru said...

hey definitely update your blog more. i thought you fell off.

I also went to philly a couple days ago. It was interesting, didn't get to see much of the city unfortunately but is it just me or
is philly more desperate than NYC?

Read MY blog for my account of philly, http://cigarettediaries.blogspot.com/2009/02/to-slim.html

18 isn't much of a special year to be honest with you. Other than the fact that you can legally buy cigarettes and lottery tickets you yearn to be even older (21) which is sad.

19 is worse.

hit me on bbm sometime why dont ya?