Friday, October 10, 2008

free periods



i love having free periods, especially at the end of the day enabling me to go home. sure, i used to fight with my mom, begging her for my license, begging her to put me on her insurance so i could drive like all the other cool seniors. but unlike my classmates, i dont care about driving locally with amazing rap music blasting obnoxiously, i have nothing to prove in that sense. unlike my classmates, i walk home, i walk everywhere, and unlike them, i get to see things that they probably miss as their perspectives are distorted with spitting shouts of booty everywhere. on my walk home today, i saw the beginnings of fall on the streets; it was one of those moments where i walked home with my eyes closed and tried to take in as much as possible in one long inhale. 

(...but being able to drive to see my friends would still be nice)




No comments: